Thursday, November 24, 6-7 p.m.
Gene Leahy Mall, 14th & Farnam
With a countdown to zero, the 2016 Holiday Lights Festival will officially begin!
- Starting at 5:40 p.m., enjoy a special performance by local duo Belles & Whistles
- At 6 p.m., Mayor Jean Stothert will lead the all-ages crowd in a countdown to the 2016 lighting display
- See downtown dazzle! The Gene Leahy Mall will be aglow with hundreds of thousands of beautiful white lights
- Look for downtown businesses and residences also featuring elaborate lighting and holiday decorations
- Enjoy the Holiday Lights every evening from 5 p.m. until 1 a.m. through January 2, 2017
After the Thanksgiving Lighting ceremony, shop and dine in the Old Market.
Gene Leahy Mall Lights
The crown jewel of the Holiday Lights Festival is located along Gene Leahy Mall on Douglas and Farnam Streets between 10th and 13th Streets.
Making Spirits Bright Holiday Concert
Thursday, November 24, 7 p.m.
Get in the spirit with holiday classics and sing-alongs!
- FREE concert is family-friendly
- Holland Performing Arts Center, 13th and Douglas Streets (just northeast of the Lighting Ceremony location)
- Concert features special guest vocalist Drew Duncan accompanied by the Nebraska Wind Symphony directed by Keith Davis
Old Market Shopping and Dining
Thursday, November 24, 6:30 – 8:30 pm
Don’t miss this opportunity to jump-start your holiday shopping or just relax with friends and family. Some of the Old Market’s finest shops, restaurants and pubs will be open following the Thanksgiving Lighting Ceremony. While shopping in the Old Market, enjoy a horse-drawn carriage ride with your loved ones, available through Magical Journeys Carriage Service.
2016 Old Market Merchants and Restaurants open Thanksgiving
|13th Street Coffee & Tea Co.||Artists’ Cooperative Gallery|
|Barry O’s Old Market Tavern||Billy Frogg’s Grill & Bar|
|City Limits||Dubliner Pub|
|Dolci Old Market||Falling Water Grille at Embassy Suites|
|Havana Garage||Hollywood Candy/Fairmont Antiques|
|JD Tucker’s||Liberty Tavern|
|Magical Journeys Carriage Service||Michael’s in the Market|
|Mr. Toad’s Pub||Nosh|
|Tannenbaum Christmas Shop and Old Market Candy Shop||Ted & Walley’s Ice Cream|
|The Berry & Rye|
North and South Omaha Holiday Lights
For the fifth year, the Holiday Lights expand to North Omaha and South Omaha, thanks to the generosity of the Sherwood Foundation.
- North Omaha Lighting Ceremony will be held near 24th & Lake Streets at 5 p.m. on Saturday, December 3, to close out Christmas in the Village. Holiday lights will enhance the six-block surrounding area.
- South Omaha Lighting Ceremony will be held at 4911 S. 24th Street (24th & N St.) on Saturday. December 3 at 5:30 p.m. Lights will shine bright along 24th Street between L and Q Streets.