Free Family Fun
Sunday, December 7, noon-5 p.m.
Various Downtown Arts & Cultural Institutions
Wells Fargo presents this year’s Holiday Lights Family Festival, offering the community an opportunity to experience many of Omaha’s leading downtown attractions for free. This year’s Family Festival will be held Sunday, December 7, from noon to 5 p.m. A free trolley service will connect the participating venues described below. Each site will offer free admission and family activities. In addition, select Omaha musicians will perform at The Durham Museum, W. Dale Clark Public Library, the Wells Fargo Bank downtown branch and Joslyn Art Museum.
Wells Fargo Bank, 20th and Douglas Streets
- Enjoy Orville Redenbacher’s popcorn courtesy of ConAgra Foods
- Children can pose for a picture with Wells Fargo’s very own “Jack the Dog” and make fun holiday crafts
- Stop by the company museum and see the historically accurate reproduction of the Wells Fargo Stagecoach in the lobby before you jet off to the Omaha Police Mounted Patrol Barn and enjoy your very own ride!
- Listen to holiday music and participate in other activities
Omaha Children’s Museum, 500 South 20th Street
- Engage in active play in the museum’s permanent exhibits
- Take a carousel ride for $2
Omaha Police Mounted Patrol Barn, 615 Leavenworth Street
- Tour the stables and visit with Santa!
- Learn how police officers care for the animals at the Mounted Patrol Barn and get your picture taken with the horses; officers will present horse demonstrations as guests warm up with Swiss Miss hot cocoa courtesy of ConAgra Foods
- Allens Traveling Pony Rides will be onsite from noon to 3 p.m.
- Wells Fargo will be giving free stagecoach rides from 1 to 4 p.m. and helping young buckaroos decorate their cowboy hats
- The Citizen’s Foundation for the Omaha Police Mounted Patrol will offer face painting, and families can enjoy entertainment from a balloon artist
The Durham Museum, 801 South 10th Street
- Experience the wonder of the season at the Durham Museum during Christmas at Union Station
- See Omaha’s largest indoor Christmas tree, visit with Santa and enjoy an exceptional lineup of family-friendly events
- Visit the Ethnic Holiday Trees exhibit, an annual favorite which highlights the holiday traditions of approximately a dozen cultures in the Omaha community
- View the wonderful temporary exhibitions on display including Identity: An Exhibition of You and If You Build It: Omaha’s Urban Design
- Children can also meet Wells Fargo’s “Jack the Dog,” pan for gold, and participate in a scavenger hunt
W. Dale Clark Library, 215 South 15th Street
- Stop by the Wells Fargo activity area for cookie decorating and Swiss Miss hot cocoa courtesy of ConAgra Foods
- Other activities include face-painting, story times, music and more
Joslyn Art Museum, 2200 Dodge Street
- Explore Joslyn Art Museum’s galleries including In Living Color: Andy Warhol & Contemporary Printmaking from the Collections of Jordan D. Schniter and his Family Foundation
- Don’t forget to visit the studios and experiment with hands-on activities to create your very own works of art (inspired by Andy Warhol and Keith Haring) using cut paper, crayon sticks, screen print, paint markers and more
- Don’t miss the chance to get your magic wand from Wells Fargo and watch Amazing Lindy perform magic at 12:30 p.m., 1:30 p.m., 2:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.
Ollie the Trolley will provide free trolley rides between locations. Have fun participating in holiday sing-alongs during your travels!
Wells Fargo Donation Locations
|4650 S. 24th Street
Omaha, NE 68107
|4707 S. 96th Street
Omaha, NE 68127
|14666 Center Street
Omaha, NE 68104
|4425 Center Street
Omaha, NE 68105
|13285 Millard Ave
Omaha, NE 68137
|3808 N. 168th Street
Omaha, NE 68116
|4725 S. 84th Street
Omaha, NE 68127
|5180 Ames Ave
Omaha, NE 68104
|11150 Emmet Street
Omaha, NE 68164
|2587 S. 171st Circle
Omaha, NE 68130
|18030 R. Plaza
Omaha, NE 68135
|1919 Douglas Street
Omaha, NE 68102